java.io.IOException: Resource not found: "org/joda/time/tz/data/ZoneInfoMap

java.io.IOException: Resource not found: "org/joda/time/tz/data/ZoneInfoMap

Antonis Kouzoupis
Greeding to the list,

I am using the Joda-Time library for a simply period calculation. My project
works fine unless from the following weird exception

Exception in thread "pool-1-thread-1" java.io.IOException: Resource not found:
"org/joda/time/tz/data/ZoneInfoMap" ClassLoader:
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@5acac268
    at org.joda.time.tz.ZoneInfoProvider.openResource(ZoneInfoProvider.java:211)
    at org.joda.time.tz.ZoneInfoProvider.<init>(ZoneInfoProvider.java:123)
    at org.joda.time.tz.ZoneInfoProvider.<init>(ZoneInfoProvider.java:82)
    at org.joda.time.DateTimeZone.getDefaultProvider(DateTimeZone.java:462)
    at org.joda.time.DateTimeZone.setProvider0(DateTimeZone.java:416)
    at org.joda.time.DateTimeZone.<clinit>(DateTimeZone.java:115)
    at
org.joda.time.chrono.GregorianChronology.<clinit>(GregorianChronology.java:71)
    at org.joda.time.chrono.ISOChronology.<clinit>(ISOChronology.java:66)
    at org.joda.time.base.BaseDateTime.<init>(BaseDateTime.java:61)
    at org.joda.time.DateTime.<init>(DateTime.java:155)
    at unipi.p2p.scorpiofs.StartChordService.call(Unknown Source)
    at unipi.p2p.scorpiofs.StartChordService.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
    at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
    at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

The above exception does not affect the output of my project.
I have downloaded the library and I have build it with the ant build file
distributed with the library. I have also extracted the produced jar and the
resource is there. My project's ant file is here [1] and the version of Java is:
root@wizard:~# java -version
java version "1.6.0_24"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11.3) (6b24-1.11.3-2)

Thank you in advance,
--
Αντώνης Κουζούπης
Antonis Kouzoupis

[1] https://github.com/alafroiskiotos/ScorpioFs/blob/master/java/build.xml

Re: java.io.IOException: Resource not found: "org/joda/time/tz/data/ZoneInfoMap

jodastephen
Not sure I can say much! Clearly, its not finding the time-zone data
file that lists all the available time-zone files. If you call
DateTimeZone.getAvailableIds() you may only have UTC, but perhaps you
can check this? Why it is happening is another matter - I've not seen
anything like this.
Stephen

On 14 August 2012 16:44, Antonis Kouzoupis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greeding to the list,
>
> I am using the Joda-Time library for a simply period calculation. My project
> works fine unless from the following weird exception
>
> Exception in thread "pool-1-thread-1" java.io.IOException: Resource not found:
> "org/joda/time/tz/data/ZoneInfoMap" ClassLoader:
> sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@5acac268
>     at org.joda.time.tz.ZoneInfoProvider.openResource(ZoneInfoProvider.java:211)
>     at org.joda.time.tz.ZoneInfoProvider.<init>(ZoneInfoProvider.java:123)
>     at org.joda.time.tz.ZoneInfoProvider.<init>(ZoneInfoProvider.java:82)
>     at org.joda.time.DateTimeZone.getDefaultProvider(DateTimeZone.java:462)
>     at org.joda.time.DateTimeZone.setProvider0(DateTimeZone.java:416)
>     at org.joda.time.DateTimeZone.<clinit>(DateTimeZone.java:115)
>     at
> org.joda.time.chrono.GregorianChronology.<clinit>(GregorianChronology.java:71)
>     at org.joda.time.chrono.ISOChronology.<clinit>(ISOChronology.java:66)
>     at org.joda.time.base.BaseDateTime.<init>(BaseDateTime.java:61)
>     at org.joda.time.DateTime.<init>(DateTime.java:155)
>     at unipi.p2p.scorpiofs.StartChordService.call(Unknown Source)
>     at unipi.p2p.scorpiofs.StartChordService.call(Unknown Source)
>     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
>     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
>     at
>     at
>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
>

> The above exception does not affect the output of my project.
> I have downloaded the library and I have build it with the ant build file
> distributed with the library. I have also extracted the produced jar and the
> resource is there. My project's ant file is here [1] and the version of Java is:
> root@wizard:~# java -version
> java version "1.6.0_24"
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11.3) (6b24-1.11.3-2)
>
> Thank you in advance,
> --
> Αντώνης Κουζούπης
> Antonis Kouzoupis
>
> [1] https://github.com/alafroiskiotos/ScorpioFs/blob/master/java/build.xml

Re: java.io.IOException: Resource not found: "org/joda/time/tz/data/ZoneInfoMap

Nils Kilden-Pedersen

Can it be that the build process unjars dependencies and forgets non-class files on rejar?