YearMonthDay to LocalDate

Ricla
Hi,
I've an old project using the deprecated YearMonthDay. Is a simple search &
replace from "YearMonthDay" to "LocalDate' enough? or is there any upgrade
problems to take care?
Thank you
R.

Re: YearMonthDay to LocalDate

jodastephen
There shouldn't be any real functionality differences if the method
names match. However, there might be a few method name differences at
the margins. Best way is to make the change and see what compiles.

Stephen

Ricla wrote:

> Hi,
> I've an old project using the deprecated YearMonthDay. Is a simple search &
> replace from "YearMonthDay" to "LocalDate' enough? or is there any upgrade
> problems to take care?
> Thank you
> R.

Re: YearMonthDay to LocalDate

Ian McCall

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 15:35:11 +0100
From: "Ricla" <[hidden email]>
Subject: [Joda-interest] YearMonthDay to LocalDate
To: "'Discussion of the Joda project'"
<[hidden email]>

I've an old project using the deprecated YearMonthDay. Is a simple search &
replace from "YearMonthDay" to "LocalDate' enough? or is there any upgrade
problems to take care?

I've done exactly that in a large project earlier - there were no issues other than use of a now-deprecated method. The method was toDateMidnight(), which has been replaced with toTimeAtStartOfDay() (or similar name - don't have the API to hand at the moment) to allow for timezone rolls on which a day doesn't actually have a midnight. All else was fine.

Cheers,
Ian