Start of the week

Mark Carroll
I just wanted to throw out the idea that perhaps which day the week
starts on should be locale-specific? In my limited experience, Western
Europeans seem to think it starts on Monday but Americans seem to think
it starts on Sunday. Is there some trick with chronologies that I should
be using to deal with this?

--
Mark Carroll
Software Engineer

Cambridge Research Laboratory
Vecna Technologies, Inc.
36 Cambridge Park Drive
Cambridge, MA 02140
Phone: (617) 864-0636
Fax: (617) 864-0638

Better Technology, Better World (TM)

The contents of this message may be privileged and confidential.
Therefore, if this message has been received in error, please delete it
without reading it. Your receipt of this message is not intended to
waive any applicable privilege. Please do not disseminate this message
without the permission of the author.

Re: Start of the week

jodastephen
Joda-Time only supports a week based on the ISO standard of Monday.

ThreeTen/JSR-310 will have better support.

I might accept a Joda-Time pull request that added some form of "start
of week" concept, although I'd probably want to keep it simple.

Stephen