Problem with Asia/Calcutta Time zone

Peddi, Radhika (Radhika)

Hi All,

We are using joda-1.5.2. Recently for Israel Time zone changes I have updated the Asia tz file and created the jar file. After this we are unable to see Asia/Calcutta Time Zone when we are listing the time zones. I sent an email to tz team, they said that it is still there and it's an alias for Asia/Kolkata, and it still works. However we are unable to see Asia/Calcutta or Asia/Kolkata when listing the timezones.

Thanks & Regards,

Radhika Peddi|Avaya India Pvt. Ltd.|
Wing 'A', Level -5, Tower-11, Cybercity, Magarpatta City, Hadapsar | Pune, 411028|India

Voice +91 20 4101 8311| Email: [hidden email]@avaya.com

[ Please consider the environment before printing this email ]

Re: Problem with Asia/Calcutta Time zone

jodastephen
When you recompile the Joda- jar file you have to include all the
relevant files from the TZ database. I assume you've missed a file or
two.
Stephen

On 17 January 2014 05:38, Peddi, Radhika (Radhika) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> We are using joda-1.5.2. Recently for Israel Time zone changes I have
> updated the Asia tz file and created the jar file. After this we are unable
> to see Asia/Calcutta Time Zone when we are listing the time zones. I sent an
> email to tz team, they said that it is still there and it's an alias for
> Asia/Kolkata, and it still works. However we are unable to see Asia/Calcutta
> or Asia/Kolkata when listing the timezones.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Radhika Peddi|Avaya India Pvt. Ltd.|
> Wing 'A', Level -5, Tower-11, Cybercity, Magarpatta City, Hadapsar | Pune,
> 411028|India
>
> Voice +91 20 4101 8311| Email: [hidden email]
>
> [ Please consider the environment before printing this email ]

Re: Problem with Asia/Calcutta Time zone

Peddi, Radhika (Radhika)
Hi,

Thanks for the update. I have updated Asia file to consider Israel time zone changes. Asia/Calcutta also comes under Asia. Could you please let me know what else I need to add.

Thanks & Regards,
Radhika Peddi|Avaya India Pvt. Ltd.|
Wing 'A', Level -5, Tower-11, Cybercity, Magarpatta City, Hadapsar | Pune, 411028|India
Voice +91 20 4101 8311| Email: [hidden email]
[ Please consider the environment before printing this email ]

When you recompile the Joda- jar file you have to include all the relevant files from the TZ database. I assume you've missed a file or two.
Stephen

On 17 January 2014 05:38, Peddi, Radhika (Radhika) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> We are using joda-1.5.2. Recently for Israel Time zone changes I have
> updated the Asia tz file and created the jar file. After this we are
> unable to see Asia/Calcutta Time Zone when we are listing the time
> zones. I sent an email to tz team, they said that it is still there
> and it's an alias for Asia/Kolkata, and it still works. However we are
> unable to see Asia/Calcutta or Asia/Kolkata when listing the timezones.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Radhika Peddi|Avaya India Pvt. Ltd.|
> Wing 'A', Level -5, Tower-11, Cybercity, Magarpatta City, Hadapsar |
> Pune,
> 411028|India
>
> Voice +91 20 4101 8311| Email: [hidden email]
>
> [ Please consider the environment before printing this email ]

Re: Problem with Asia/Calcutta Time zone

jodastephen
If you just rebuild the jar file using maven it includes the correct
files. See here for a list of included files:
https://github.com/JodaOrg/joda-time/blob/master/pom.xml#L236
Stephen