OSGi metadata

W.B. Garvelink
Hi,

I've commented on the OSGI Metadata feature request in the tracker on
sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1889787&group_id=97367&atid=617892

I'd be mighty useful for me if this metadata is included in the next
release of Joda-Time.

Thanks in advance,
Barend

Re: OSGi metadata

jodastephen
The meta data you've proposed includes an odd selection of packages. How
did you derive which to export and which to hide?
Stephen

W.B. Garvelink wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I've commented on the OSGI Metadata feature request in the tracker on
> sourceforge:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1889787&group_id=97367&atid=617892
>
> I'd be mighty useful for me if this metadata is included in the next
> release of Joda-Time.
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Barend

Re: OSGi metadata

W.B. Garvelink
Hastily...?

These headers worked for me, but please, update the package selection
so that it makes sense.

Thanks,
Barend

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:35 PM, Stephen Colebourne
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The meta data you've proposed includes an odd selection of packages. How
> did you derive which to export and which to hide?
> Stephen

Re: OSGi metadata

W.B. Garvelink
Ouch!, I just realized how lazy/bossy that statement must come across as.

Please accept my apologies for that.

I'll happily modify the headers or even the ant build for you, but I
think the precise package selection is best left to you.

Barend

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:46 PM, W.B. Garvelink
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hastily...?
>
> These headers worked for me, but please, update the package selection
> so that it makes sense.
>

> Thanks,
> Barend
>

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:35 PM, Stephen Colebourne
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The meta data you've proposed includes an odd selection of packages. How
>> did you derive which to export and which to hide?
>> Stephen

Re: OSGi metadata

jodastephen
I've checked in what looks like an appropriate manifest to me. If you
want to checkout svn and do ant jar to check the output feel free.
Otherwise it will get released as is, and I'll have to hope its OK ;-)
Stephen

W.B. Garvelink wrote:

> Ouch!, I just realized how lazy/bossy that statement must come across as.
>
> Please accept my apologies for that.
>
> I'll happily modify the headers or even the ant build for you, but I
> think the precise package selection is best left to you.
>

> Barend
>

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:46 PM, W.B. Garvelink
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hastily...?
>>
>> These headers worked for me, but please, update the package selection
>> so that it makes sense.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Barend
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:35 PM, Stephen Colebourne
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> The meta data you've proposed includes an odd selection of packages. How
>>> did you derive which to export and which to hide?
>>> Stephen

Re: OSGi metadata

James Carman
Do you use maven to build?  If so, you can use the felix plugin to
automatically generate your manifest.

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 7:37 PM, Stephen Colebourne
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've checked in what looks like an appropriate manifest to me. If you
> want to checkout svn and do ant jar to check the output feel free.
> Otherwise it will get released as is, and I'll have to hope its OK ;-)
> Stephen
>

> W.B. Garvelink wrote:
>> Ouch!, I just realized how lazy/bossy that statement must come across as.
>>
>> Please accept my apologies for that.
>>
>> I'll happily modify the headers or even the ant build for you, but I
>> think the precise package selection is best left to you.
>>

>> Barend
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:46 PM, W.B. Garvelink
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hastily...?
>>>
>>> These headers worked for me, but please, update the package selection
>>> so that it makes sense.
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Barend

Re: OSGi metadata

Stéphan Mestach
the SpringSource Enterprise Bundle Repository has an osgified version of joda...
perhaps you can compare the manifest :
http://www.springsource.com/repository/app/bundle/version/detail?name=com.springsource.org.joda.time&version=1.5.2&searchType=bundlesByName&searchQuery=joda

Stéphan

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've checked in what looks like an appropriate manifest to me. If you
> want to checkout svn and do ant jar to check the output feel free.
> Otherwise it will get released as is, and I'll have to hope its OK ;-)
> Stephen
>

> W.B. Garvelink wrote:
>> Ouch!, I just realized how lazy/bossy that statement must come across as.
>>
>> Please accept my apologies for that.
>>
>> I'll happily modify the headers or even the ant build for you, but I
>> think the precise package selection is best left to you.
>>

>> Barend
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:46 PM, W.B. Garvelink
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hastily...?
>>>
>>> These headers worked for me, but please, update the package selection
>>> so that it makes sense.
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Barend

Re: OSGi metadata

W.B. Garvelink
It works  for me, thanks. Stéphan's suggestion is a good one though.
I'll look into that tonight.

Barend