Minimum length of a Period.

Arjan Veenstra-3
Hi,

I've been looking for a way to determine the minimal length of a imprecise
Period. I need this to be tell if a period A will always be less the an other
period B. For example, 29 days is often, but not alway less then 1 month.

So far I've found that DurationField contains getMillis(long), which will
return a approximate value even for imprecise fields, but that is not exactly
what I was looking for.

Any ideas?

Arjan Veenstra

Re: Minimum length of a Period.

Brian S O'Neill
I don't think Joda time has what you're looking for. A minimum duration
value must consider many things, including leap years, time zone
transitions, and historical changes. In the GJ chronology, the minimum
length of a month can be 19 days, for example. To implement minimum
duration values correctly, it must apply to a specified a range of time
for which to consider.