Lunar Phases?

Morgan Mörtsell
Any suggestions which way to go for calculating lunar phases.

Is there something built into joda-time, like the islamic chronology perhaps?

/Morgan

Re: Lunar Phases?

jodastephen
There is an islamic chronology
http://joda-time.sourceforge.net/apidocs/org/joda/time/chrono/IslamicChronology.html

However it uses an algorithm, not lunar phases. Thus you need to start
from first principles, such as with the Calendrical Calculations book.

Stephen

On 17 June 2011 10:28, Morgan Mörtsell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Any suggestions which way to go for calculating lunar phases.
>
> Is there something built into joda-time, like the islamic chronology
> perhaps?
>
> /Morgan

Re: Lunar Phases?

Morgan Mörtsell

Thanks!

I updated myself a bit about the synodic cycle, and for precise prediction of phases, the calculations seem to get a little out of hand. :/
For now I settle for an extrapolation from a known date using a synodic average, and hope for the best.

/Morgan

However it uses an algorithm, not lunar phases. Thus you need to start from first principles, such as with the Calendrical Calculations book.

Stephen

On 17 June 2011 10:28, Morgan Mörtsell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Any suggestions which way to go for calculating lunar phases.
>
> Is there something built into joda-time, like the islamic chronology
> perhaps?
>
> /Morgan

EditLive Enterprise is the world's most technically advanced content authoring tool. Experience the power of Track Changes, Inline Image Editing and ensure content is compliant with Accessibility Checking.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/ephox-dev2dev