LocalDateTime (still) fails to traverse EJB calls

LocalDateTime (still) fails to traverse EJB calls

Matthias Schäfer
Hello guys!

I stumbled over an existing issue that LocalDateTime can't traverse EJB calls (some information is lost).
I'm using Joda Time 2.3 and the issue still exists. Are there any plans to fix it? Or can somebody point me in the correct direction to fix it? It's not (really) feasible for me to replace all LocalDateTime instances with DateTime instances (and I don't know the consequences of doing so).

Currently LocalDateTime looses the following information:

Inside iChronology (an instance of org.joda.time.chrono.ISOChronology) :
  • iDayOfWeek
  • iDayOfMonth
  • iDayOfYear
  • iWeekOfWeekyear

Unfortunately this will render the LocalDateTime instance useless as many methods will throw a NullPointerException.

One (possible) workaround I've discovered would be the following:

public LocalDateTime getSomeDate() {

 return new LocalDateTime(someDate.getLocalMillis());

}

So even if someDate is "corrupted", it will return a "properly initialized" date. But this is far away from a good solution..

Any help is very much appreciated

Kind Regards

Matthias

Re: LocalDateTime (still) fails to traverse EJB calls

jodastephen
As I indicated in the previous response, the Chronology class works
correctly with serialization using readObject() to return a correctly
instantiated singleton. If EJB doesn't work properly with
serialization, then there isn't a lot I can do.

ie. I won't be working on it. If you investigate it and discover why
readObject() isn't being called, or some other patch, I'll be happy to
take a look.
Stephen