LocalDateTime mapping in Hibernate 3.2.6.ga

LocalDateTime mapping in Hibernate 3.2.6.ga

Fabrício Nogueira
Hi folks.

After many headaches with java.util.Date and Calendar I solved to use joda-time in my project, but now I'm facing another problem. My project uses the Hibernate 3.2.6.ga version. In order to map the LocalDateTime class attribute I used org.joda.time.contrib.hibernate.PersistentLocalDateTime in hbm. When I tried to test the application I got the error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.hibernate.type.StandardBasicTypes. So I noticed that joda-time hibernate I'm using (v 1.3) is for Hibernate > 3.6.0 version.

Changing the Hibernate version in my project would be painful. Is there another way to map LocalDateTime to a Date oracle column using joda time hibernate with 3.2.6.ga hibernate version?

I don't know whether this is the better place to ask it, but any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Fabricio.

Re: LocalDateTime mapping in Hibernate 3.2.6.ga

jodastephen
The classes are simple enough to code yourself. Why not take the
source code and make the edits?
Stephen

2012/3/30 Fabrício Nogueira <[hidden email]>:

> Hi folks.
>
> After many headaches with java.util.Date and Calendar I solved to use
> joda-time in my project, but now I'm facing another problem. My project uses
> the Hibernate 3.2.6.ga version. In order to map the LocalDateTime class
> attribute I used org.joda.time.contrib.hibernate.PersistentLocalDateTime in
> hbm. When I tried to test the application I got the
> error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.hibernate.type.StandardBasicTypes.
> So I noticed that joda-time hibernate I'm using (v 1.3) is for Hibernate >
> 3.6.0 version.
>
> Changing the Hibernate version in my project would be painful. Is there
> another way to map LocalDateTime to a Date oracle column using joda time
> hibernate with 3.2.6.ga hibernate version?
>
> I don't know whether this is the better place to ask it, but any help will
> be appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Fabricio.

Re: LocalDateTime mapping in Hibernate 3.2.6.ga

Chris Pheby-2
Fabricio,

For Joda Time Hibernate, I believe version 1.2 is compatible with the Hibernate version you are using. Also, why not look at the Jadira Usertype project (disclaimer: I am the author of that project). Version 1.9.1 is the most recent version suitable for your version of Hibernate.

Regards

Chris