Julian Day format

Mike Bates-3
I have found how to change from the ISO Chronology to the GJChronology
or the Julian Chronology, I am looking how to show the Julian date in
Julian Day format.  I have looked in the Java Docs but I have not been
able to find a format for Julian Day.

Today's date 2012/04/09 noon is 2456027.0.

What am I missing?

Thanks
Mike

Re: Julian Day format

jodastephen
The Julian chronology is the calendar system in use from about 4AD to
1582AD. It is not the Julian Day Number or similar. Joda-Time has no
support for Julian Day Number, so you'd have to calculate that from
the epoch millis (1970-01-01 based).

Stephen

On 9 April 2012 21:40, Mike Bates <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have found how to change from the ISO Chronology to the GJChronology
> or the Julian Chronology, I am looking how to show the Julian date in
> Julian Day format.  I have looked in the Java Docs but I have not been
> able to find a format for Julian Day.
>
> Today's date 2012/04/09 noon is 2456027.0.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks
> Mike

Re: Julian Day format

Mike Bates-3
Stephen,

Thanks.  I thought that was the case but was hoping against it.  I was
already in the process of writing a to/fromJulianDay methods anyway just
in case.

Thanks
Mike