Joda DateTime to Oracle "timestamp with time zone"

Joda DateTime to Oracle "timestamp with time zone"

Marcel Stör
There seems to be no standard way to map Joda DateTime to Oracle
"timestamp with time zone"? If you need time zone there's only the
database-agnostic way of creating an extra column...

Cheers,
Marcel

--
Marcel Stör, http://www.frightanic.com
Couchsurfing: http://www.couchsurfing.com/people/marcelstoer

Re: Joda DateTime to Oracle "timestamp with time zone"

jodastephen
I'd suggest looking at the User Type project.
http://usertype.sourceforge.net/
Stephen

On 7 February 2012 07:54, Marcel Stör <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There seems to be no standard way to map Joda DateTime to Oracle
> "timestamp with time zone"? If you need time zone there's only the
> database-agnostic way of creating an extra column...
>
> Cheers,
> Marcel
>
> --
> Marcel Stör, http://www.frightanic.com
> Couchsurfing: http://www.couchsurfing.com/people/marcelstoer
> O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail - www.asciiribbon.org

Re: Joda DateTime to Oracle "timestamp with time zone"

Mark Carroll
On 02/07/2012 02:54 AM, Marcel Stör wrote:
> There seems to be no standard way to map Joda DateTime to Oracle
> "timestamp with time zone"? If you need time zone there's only the
> database-agnostic way of creating an extra column...

Oracle should parse a format that is easily constructed with
DateTimeFormat though, something like yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS ZZ I'd
have thought, if not something that is directly ISO 8601 compliant.

Mark

--
Mark Carroll
Software Engineer

Cambridge Research Laboratory
Vecna Medical
36 Cambridge Park Drive
Cambridge, MA 02140
Phone: (617) 864-0636
Fax: (617) 864-0638

Better Technology, Better World (TM)

The contents of this message may be privileged and confidential.
Therefore, if this message has been received in error, please delete it
without reading it. Your receipt of this message is not intended to
waive any applicable privilege. Please do not disseminate this message
without the permission of the author.

On 07.02.2012 11:31, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> I'd suggest looking at the User Type project.
> http://usertype.sourceforge.net/

That's where I looked before I posted this message here. However, I
found no type that supports the SQL2003 timestamp with time zone type
(in a single column). I'm aware that not all database vendors support
this type. Oracle, PostgreSQL and HSQLDB at least do...

Cheers,
Marcel

On 8 February 2012 09:19, Marcel Stör <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 07.02.2012 11:31, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
>> I'd suggest looking at the User Type project.
>> http://usertype.sourceforge.net/
>
> That's where I looked before I posted this message here. However, I
> found no type that supports the SQL2003 timestamp with time zone type
> (in a single column). I'm aware that not all database vendors support
> this type. Oracle, PostgreSQL and HSQLDB at least do...

Fortunately, writing the code yourself isn't hard, see the user type
project source code. I'm sure they'd accept a patch if you do write it
yourself.