ISO8601: Recurring time intervals

Jörg Schaible
Hi,

reading ISO8601 I can see the definition of recurring time intervals e.g.
"Rn/PnYnMnDTnHnMnS". Comparing with joda-time 2.0, it seems that neither the
ISO formatters do support it nor is there currently any direct concept for
repeated periods (e.g. number of repetitions as part of the Period or
Duration data).

Is something like this planned or has someone already modeled this on top of
the existing code base?

Cheers,
Jörg

Re: ISO8601: Recurring time intervals

jodastephen
This was mentioned at the start of the project, but they seem to be
very rarely used. I wouldn't want to add it to Joda-Time core
(although I would accept minor tweaks to Joda-Time that made an
external projects job easier in creating recurrences).

The http://code.google.com/p/google-rfc-2445/ project contains some of this.

Stephen