Daylight Saving Time

Michael Szediwy
Hi,

is the daylight saving time delta always 1 hour?
Or can it be retrieved from the time zone objects?

Thanks!

Michael

Re: Daylight Saving Time

jodastephen
On 8 February 2012 11:33, Michael Szediwy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> is the daylight saving time delta always 1 hour?

No. It can vary.

> Or can it be retrieved from the time zone objects?

You'd have to calculate the difference between getOffset(long) and
getStandardOffset(long)

Re: Daylight Saving Time

Michael Szediwy
Hi Stephen,

Sorry to bother you again. But I am not sure if I got it right.
If I call these two method with a millisecond from summer time
I will get a difference e.g. of 1 hour. When I run the same code with a
millisecond from winter time the delta will be zero?

Thanks for your help.
Michael

On 10 February 2012 07:10, Michael Szediwy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sorry to bother you again. But I am not sure if I got it right.
> If I call these two method with a millisecond from summer time
> I will get a difference e.g. of 1 hour. When I run the same code with a
> millisecond from winter time the delta will be zero?

Yes. The delta will be zero in winter.